Early Years Foundation Stage
Whilst your child is at Nursery, the curriculum staff follow to support your child is called the Early Years Foundation Stage or EYFS.
The EYFS has seven areas of learning.
- Personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
- Physical Development (PD)
- Communication and language (CL)
- Literacy (L)
- Mathematics (M)
- Understanding the world (UTW)
- Expressive arts and design (EA&D)
There is a free booklet available in the Nursery cloakroom and available here to download. Which explains each area of the EYFS in more detail and has activity ideas that you can try at home!